Sunday, April 3, 2011

Quest for the Best

I'm constantly looking for the best tasting pain au chocolat - or chocolate croissants!  Every time I see one, I can't resist getting one - it doesn't matter if I'm not hungry, in an airport, or in a rush.  The best ones I've had by far have been from Europe.  But, over spring break in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, those European croissants got a run for their money.  A local bakery, Chocolate Soup, makes a chocolate croissant that's light but chewy.  The flavors were well-balanced between butter and chocolate.  Don't they just look beautiful too?  I was sad to find this treat on the last day, otherwise I would have been there every morning before hitting the slopes.  Leave a comment if you have a recommendation for other chocolate croissants I should try!



Overall, it was a good senior year spring break spent skiing and road tripping across the Midwest.  Along the way, I added 4 states (Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa) to my list of visited U.S. states, giving me a grand total of 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment